Upload To Multiple Data Receivers
Upload WS2300 weather station data to various receivers. This application currently supports sending data to Weather Underground and/or Citizen Weather Observer Program ( CWOP ).
Description of Patch
The goals of this application are as follows:
- Upload to multiple receivers in one invocation. This allows for one schedule ( like cron ) to service all receivers.
- This application is initially a refactor of wu2300 and cw2300. It combines the efforts of those two applications. It should be backwards compatible with those applications. wu2300 and cw2300 could potentially be reduced to a simple call through to this application with the proper switches.
- Common interactions with the weather station are not duplicated for various receivers, increasing combined performance.
- Gust support for all receivers, with the gust reset occuring once for all uploads. This was not possible with split uploads.
- Add support for other data uploads as identified ( possibly hamweather.net ) to this application.
usage: up2300 [--debug] [--noupdate] [--nogust] [--receivers=wu,cw] [config]
- --debug, turn on useful debugging information. optional, defaults to silent.
- --noupdate, run in "safe" mode. will not reset the station or write to receivers. especially useful when combined with --debug. optional, defaults to update.
- --nogust, turn off gust support. optional, defaults to on.
- --receivers=LIST, specify a list of receivers for data upload. can be any of; wu,cw,all,none for Weather Underground, CWOP, all or none respectively. optional, defaults to all.
- config, path to configuration file. optional, will look at default paths.
- -h or --usage, print this message then exit.
Installation of Patch
Put the files attached in your source directory: up2300_Makefile.patch, up2300.c
patch -p0 Makefile < up2300_Makefile.patch
Change History of Patch
- up2300.c: Source code for the data upload application